Paths to Power
On Battle Fantasia, gaining and growing in power are major components of the stories we tell. In most stories about supernatural powers, the rules about attaining power are a constant subtext, even if they don't always matter intensely. In our game, we're trying to stick to a key rule to the Magical Girl genre, which might seem a little culturally alien: Initially, power cannot come from yourself. Someone - past or future, man or monster, goddess or queen - has to give it to you. The paths to power in this world, where training or will alone are not enough, are the subject of these files.
- Paths to Power: Overview - What are Paths to Power, and why are they important?
- Paths to Power: Artifacts - Transformation wands, ho!
- Paths to Power: Contracts - Do you want to make a contract with me?
- Paths to Power: Legacies - I have to live up to my Mother's name.
- Paths to Power: Within, Without - The true source of power in the universe.
- Paths to Power: Conclusion - Why are we using the Paths to Power guidelines on BF?
For more information, please see: Theme